Monday, April 20, 2009

Skinny Jeans


There’s definitely something to be said about staying classy. No, I’m not referring to the Will Ferrell movie, Anchorman, to which I give much credit to who I am today, in case anyone’s wondering. I’m talking about the way people carry themselves from the day to day in the present.

As made obvious by the incredible advances in today’s various technologies, times are always changing. Out with the old, in with the new, and in this rat race of continually outpacing what’s “trendy”, you’re destined to fall behind someday.

For some (like my friend Chinae, or all those hipsters I’m intimidated by), this only occurs once or twice in life, by picking out an off color pair of shoes on a fuzzy Monday morning. For others, it might occur right after hitting 31, when your mortgage, family, and investments take life’s center stage, as opposed to which color paisley tie looks best with that suit.

For me, it wasn’t long ago I realized the classics never go out of style. It’s hard to argue that, even by today’s standards, Frank Sinatra in his signature, dark, two-piece suit, doesn’t look good.

Diet-wise, when have eating lean meats, fresh vegetables, and getting more exercise ever done anyone harm? You can keep your 17 day prune juice and spaghetti miracle diet.

Don’t get me wrong, society is propelled by the new and improved. Who’d rather watch Monday Night Football on an old black and white set as opposed to the HD LCD sitting in my living room?

As far as fashion goes, I’ll see you at the next wedding in my two-piece Hugo Boss suit, probably having grilled chicken and vegetables, waiting for the Cupid Shuffle to come on.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. The simplest things are always the most elegant and the classics never go out of style. You know what I am really digging right now? The 1960s. Do you watch Mad Men?

    Anyway, congratulations on starting your blog! I look forward to reading your musings and hopefully meeting you one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paloma, are you still loving the 60's? I think I'm about to crack that era open.

    I'm glad your blog is doing so well and I'm excited to read your Giada posts!

    Follow Paloma's blog and her via Twitter: username- LaDolceVitaBlog

    ReplyDelete